Babblin' Bailey Babes

The Bailey Babes...gabbin' and blabbin' our way through the world...Loud and Proud!

Monday, January 29, 2007

Polar Bear Plunge

On Saturday Morning at 9:00, I was at Applebee's Park. I was sitting in a tent with the wind blowing like crazy through a million little openings, just mentally preparing myself for the insane thing I was about to do!---Jump into a giant pool of freezing cold water. (fundraiser for special olympics)
I have to have a certain number of hours and project hours for the community service clubs that i participate in at school. It just so happened that the "Polar Bear Plunge" would count for both Beta Club and Key Club...yea I know I'm a geek! haha just wish I was a geek that could speak Spanish...anyways. I said, "ok sign me up!!" I decided I could stand the cold in order to knock both of my projects out in one easy swoop.
Saturday was not too cold, but the wind was soooo strong and when you have to stand in a line wearing nothing but a t-shirt and shorts for an hour, in the middle of January....it gets cold. Especially my feet. Ouch! The actual plunging part was not too bad. I thought it was fun! It would be so much fun if you had a big group and you all dressed up...next year I am going to get all the wimps that said they didn't want to jump into a giant pool of ice water with poor little Sarah, to do it with me. You better believe that!! :) of course I was not alone; I was with the two Key Club presidents from Dunbar, but I don't know either of them very well.
There was a group of guys dressed up in dress pants that were chopped off at the knee and shirts and ties. They had on dress socks and huge glasses...it was like geeks trying to be gangsta... They looked hilarious! They had a boom box and they blared that song 'White and Nerdy' and danced around. They won the costume contest...
I'm telling you it was a blast. A cold blast, but still a blast. So next year....all of you wimps....you know who you are....you are definately participating. Start mentally preparing yoursleves now.

2 Comments:

  • At 1/29/2007 4:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    okay. why was i not informed of this? do you at least have pictures?

     
  • At 1/30/2007 1:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    yes I have a few pictures...And you can do it next year too, Kristy! We have to win the costume contest though!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home