Babblin' Bailey Babes

The Bailey Babes...gabbin' and blabbin' our way through the world...Loud and Proud!

Friday, January 19, 2007

Why is it acceptable?

For the past month or so I have been really burdened. God is telling me to share my faith. I pray for the opportunities and for the boldness...He comes through and I have the chance to talk with people and yet I do not do what is clearly a command from Jesus Christ! I am being disobedient to my Heavenly Father. When I do not take the opportunities He gives me, I am sinning.
Before leaving for our annual Gatlinburg trip, I knew all of this and I even knew I would get kicked in the butt by Mark Cahill because I knew I was not doing what I should have been...I was almost dreading it. I felt terrible and said to myslef,"ok sarah, get your act together. Start doing what God has told you so that Mark won't make you feel so aweful." Yet, I did not do a thing.
After listening to Mark Cahill and seeing his passionate life-style, I made a decision to change. I want to be different. In our Christian Society, it is "acceptable" not to share your faith. Yea...at church we hear the pastor and Kenneth talk about how important it is, but there is not enough emphasis placed on it. We think, "Man! Mark Cahill is extreme! WE can't be like that. That is just crazy." But you kno what? I think it is wrong not to be like him. He takes every opportunity that God gives him. That is not extreme, that is simple obedience.
I should think to myself every day when I walk into school, "ok, I am going to go to church on Sunday, and I am going to be walking into a building full of people who expect me to do this." But I am not sure that is true. They expect me not to do the BIG sins: no drinking, no sex outside of marriage, no cussing, no stealing. But if I do not share my faith, no one is going to say anything. But in God's eyes, my "small" sin of disobedience is just the same as all the others!
It is time for us to start doing what God has commanded! We need to keep each other accountable. I talked to two people this week and in my mind I'm saying, "Yeah!! that was good." But what about all the other opportunities I missed. The ones I said "no" to?
It's hard, but this is what God has called us to do...and He will bring us closer to Him and bless us if we are faithful and obedient to Him. Plus it gets easier the more you do it. That's in Mark's book :)

3 Comments:

  • At 1/19/2007 5:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hey i agree. i past up a huge opportuinity yesterday when someone told me "oh i don't believe in god" i found myself stunned and then convicted because of my disobedience. i know exactly what you're saying.

     
  • At 1/19/2007 6:59 PM , Blogger Dameon Shultz said...

    Tru, well said Sarah!!! Ur post is awesome indeed. Yehbo!!!

     
  • At 2/09/2007 9:45 PM , Blogger Jordan said...

    totally there with ya!! its not an option but a demand!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home