Babblin' Bailey Babes

The Bailey Babes...gabbin' and blabbin' our way through the world...Loud and Proud!

Saturday, December 29, 2007

What a week

This week I have wiped alot of butts.

hahaha I should just leave it at that. Nah. I have worked at the hospital almost everyday this week. The statement above IS true, but that is not all I've been doing. I'm not all on my own just yet; I'm still being trained. It's pretty hectic up there...lot's to do, but that's ok. I'm having a blast watching people, both patients and other people working at the hospital. I laugh sooo much because people are stinkin hilarious, and most of the time without even knowing it.

I have had alot of patients this week. Some of them were young, some of them were old, some were sweet, some were mean, and some were crazy!! We had a guy come in the other day who was about 5 ft tall, 90 lbs, and crazy as he could be. He has overdosed on crack like three times and it has messed with his brain. He was nuts, and he kept "having accidents" on the floor and in his bed. Every time we cleaned him up, he'd have another accident! And when the guy I was working with left the room, he kept trying to get me to bring him some crack. I finally looked at him and said, "You want me to bring you drugs? I don't even know what it looks like! I'm not bringing you drugs." He kept saying, "Come on...Come on...you you you bring me some? You know...You know what it is...Come on...you you bring the stuff?" It was hilarious.

Not all of the patients have been nuts though. Some of them are so sweet; those are the ones you enjoy helping and you really want to help make them as comfortable as possible.

It's been very busy, very interesting, but very good.
I'm learning alot and I can't wait until I really get the hang of things and feel very comfortable in what I am doing. I'll really like it then!!

Oh yea, and the cheeseburgers in the cafeteria at UK are gross, so if you ever eat in there, get something else.

3 Comments:

  • At 1/02/2008 1:39 PM , Blogger TaylorW said...

    I'll second your comment about the UK Hospital cheeseburgers.... Go with the chicken strips & fries instead.

    I learned this lesson the hard way.


    oh, I almost forgot
    PS: I'll wear my scrubs to church on Wednesday night if you do !!!

     
  • At 1/03/2008 1:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    thanks sarah for letting us know you wiped butts.

     
  • At 1/03/2008 7:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Alrighty Taylor :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home