Babblin' Bailey Babes

The Bailey Babes...gabbin' and blabbin' our way through the world...Loud and Proud!

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Color Blind? Oh man...

This week, I started my orientation for my new job at UK Hospital. Overall, it has not been very exciting...alot of lectures...alot of information...I'm trying not to fall asleep :) Although the orientation may be boring, I do love the chance to get dressed up everyday! (Of course I am going to love wearing scrubs, too, once I get started for real!!! Ahhh I can't wait!)

Today, I had to take a test to make sure I am not color blind. I wasn't nervous about that at all. Are you kidding me? I can see colors just fine, or I thought I could at least! I went into the room, I looked at all those little pictures with all those little colored dots, I went through and told the lady the numbers or patterns I saw. She looked at me, looked at the little pictures and the little dots, and told me to come back at the end of the day and let the other lady test me also. Of course I was nervous. When I got called into the testing room for the second time, everyone else looked just as nervous as I did! It was hilarious. I walked in, went through the stupid little pictures with their stupid little colored dots (a little more slowly this time), and then this second lady looked at me. She had me trace some with my finger-I was even having trouble with that!! Hahaha they passed me, but they thought I was border-line color blind. I came out of the testing room and all of my co-workers (ahhhh that sounds so funny!) looked at me with wide eyes and asked, "How did you do?" It was funny.

Now that I am reading this story, it is nowhere near as funny as I thought it was, but hey! That is okay...it's all I've got :) All the other things that have happened to me this week are WAY more boring, believe me!

Wish I had something more interesting...wait until after Saturday, and I am sure I will have some stories.

6 Comments:

  • At 12/20/2007 12:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    sarah! this is a funny post. i enjoyed it. i test for color blindness everyday where i work. there's nothing wrong with being "borderline color blind". no big deal. hope you enjoy your new job! congratulations.

     
  • At 12/20/2007 1:21 AM , Blogger TaylorW said...

    Sarah - I'm glad you're a blogger!

    keep postin' girl...

     
  • At 12/20/2007 1:03 PM , Blogger TaylorW said...

    I was sportin' scrubs for quite a while (a year) when I worked in the UK in-patient pharmacy... Just curious > what is exactly is your new job?

    props

     
  • At 12/21/2007 9:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Color-blind...borderline! Oh well....congrats on the job, hope you enjoy it.

    Great post by the way.

     
  • At 12/21/2007 2:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm a tech. (Nursing Care Tech)
    I'm going to be on different floors each time I work...I'm not in any specific area really. I'm not totally sure what to expect. I have my first shift tomorrow so I guess I'll find out!! haha I'll be taking vital signs, taking patients places, doing finger sticks...eventually I'll learn to draw blood :) I think I'm doing all the stuff the nurses don't want to do.

     
  • At 12/22/2007 8:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    When I do hospital visits I will have to stop in and see how you are doing!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home