Babblin' Bailey Babes

The Bailey Babes...gabbin' and blabbin' our way through the world...Loud and Proud!

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Trusting God

Finals are finally over!! I am really excited about that. These past few weeks have been insanely crazy for me, not only because of schoolwork and finals, but also because of alot of other things going on in my life. It is so easy to be overwhelmed and to get stressed over the small things -although they may seem so big at the time :)

On Wednesday nights, we have been going through a book on how to have a Powerful Prayer Life. At first I didn't really pay very much attention to it, but as we dove deeper into the study and I began to read some of the book, I realized how pitiful my prayer life was. Growing up, I always thought that reading my Bible and closing my eyes for about 4 or 5 minutes was enough...but I was so wrong!!! Over the past several weeks I've been trying to spend more significant time in prayer. It is amazing to see the difference. Our prayer lives will continue to grow throughout our entire lives; that is amazing to me. It is such a blessing and a privilege to talk to God. Think about that...He is the creator of the universe, the sustainer of all life. He is mighty and just, but also merciful and full of compassion for us. God is amazing, and so very worthy of our praise! How awesome it is to spend time each day praising God for who He is!

Dawn and I talked with an old friend the other day who does not believe in God. She is convinced that, because she is a good person, she will not go to Hell; and if there is a God, He wouldn't send someone like her to Hell. I asked her, "What if you are wrong?" Her response was that she didn't care, and that God was arrogant. She could not understand that God is WORTHY of all praise...He is worthy of all of our praise and way more!!

Anyways, what I was trying to get to is that spending time in prayer helps us to develop a peace. I am learning to trust in Christ and not to worry about things. Psalm 127 and 128 are so cool; they are talking about the blessings of God. He is completely in control of all, he has a plan, and all that happens will ultimately be for His glory.

Psalm 16:5 "Lord, You are my portion, and my cup of blessing; You hold my future."

I learn to trust in Christ when I spend time talking to my Heavenly Father and enjoying this awesome blessing of communication with the Almighty God!

3 Comments:

  • At 12/14/2007 12:16 PM , Blogger TaylorW said...

    Sarah, those are encouraging words - that is good to hear...
    Yes, the prayer book that we are going through on WED night is great!

    Use that book to help you pray for your friend too..!

    :-)

     
  • At 12/14/2007 2:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Awesome to hear about your prayer life improving! That is so exciting.

    Hope you did well on your Chemistry final!!! If I can be of anymore assistance then please don't hesitate to ask!

     
  • At 12/14/2007 3:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    haha Thanks Jonathon. If I get an A I will be sure to give you partial credit for that!!! haha

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home